Home ~ Our Ancestors ~ Contact us
Adam de ALDITHLEY and Emma FITZORM
Adam de ALDITHLEY. (Aldithley-S1)(Auldley-1). [PC T4-15-26-32-13].
Born (in 1145-S1)(about 1145-S1)(between 1145 and 1175-S1)(about 1147-S1)(in 1148)(in 1149) in Heleigh, Audley, Staffordshire, England; son of Adam de ALDITHLEY and Mabella de STONLEIGH. (S1,S1d).
He married Emma FitzOrm de Darleston (about 1170)(in 1170-S1)(about 1173).
Adam died (between 1203 and 1211-S1,S1d)(in 1211-S1).
Emma de FITZORM. (FitzOrm-S1)(Fitz Orm-S1)(de Fitz Darlaston-S1)(de Darleston-S1)(de Derleveston-S1d). [PC T4-15-26-32-14].
Born (in 1150-S1,S1d)(about 1150) in (Darlaston)(Derleveston-S1), Staffordshire; daughter of Radulphus FitzOrm of Darlaston and Lettice de MONTGOMERY.
CHILDREN of Adam de ALDITHLEY and Emma FITZORM:
- Henry de ALDITHLEY. (Aldithley-S1)(Audley-S1). Sheriff Of Shropshire (S1). [PC T4-15-26-32]. Born (about 1175)(in 1175-S1) in Heleigh, Staffordshire. He married Bertred (Beatrice) de Mainwaring in 1217. He died before 19 November 1246 in Mainwaring, Bersted, Sussex, England.
- (Miss) de AUDLEY. (S1). [Is this Isabella?]. Born about 1191. She married Stephen de PESHALE (S1d).
- William de ALDITHLEY. (S1). Born (about 1177-S1), of Heleigh Castle, Audley, Staffordshire, England. He died after 1248.
- Adam de ALDITHLEY. (S1). Sheriff of Shropshire (S1). Born (about 1173-S1)(in 1175), of Heliegh Castle, Audley, Staffordshire, England. He died (before 1212)(about 1212-S1).
- James de ALDITHLEY. (S1). Born about 1179, of Heleigh Castle, Audley, Staffordshire, England.
- Lucas de ALDITHLEY. (S1). Born about 1180, Of Heleigh Castle, Audley, Staffordshire, England. He died after 1210.
- Isabella de ALDITHLEY. (S1). Born about 1184 in Of Heleigh Castle, Audley, Staffordshire, England.
- [S1]. Ancestors of Lazarus Long. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lzrslong/b1610.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) J. Horace Round in V.2 of "Peerage and Pedigree", 1970 reprint of the 1910
work, pages 30-36. b) C okayne's "Complete Peerage" (Audley, p337). c) http://www.gendex.com/users/Enf_B ry/Enf_Bry/i643.html#I17870. d) Ancestors of Paul Bailey MCBRIDE.
- [S2]. The Peerage. Com. Darryl Roger Lundy Research. Ngaio, Wellington, New Zealand. http://www.thepeerage.com/p4720.htm.
- [S3]. Ancestors of Roger Tansey. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rtanseyancestry/pafg96.htm.
- [S4]. Ancestors of Caden Michael Norquist. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mgholler/Caden/a31.htm.
- [S5]. My Audley ancestors. Tod Marshall. http://todmar.net/ancestry/audley_main.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) Kin of Mellcine Thurman Smith. By Mellcene Thurman Smith. available online at the Family Tree Maker subscription site.
- [S6]. Ancestors of Max Lavell Draper. http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/r/a/Mitchell-L-Draper/BOOK-0001/0002-0126.html.
- [S7]. Web Family Cards. http://18.104.22.168/~holmes/Hobbies/Genealogy/wc04/wc04_226.htm.
- [S8]. Memoirs, containing a genealogical and historical account of the antient and honourable house of Stanley: from the Conquest, to the death of James, late earl of Derby, in the year 1735; as also a full description of the Isle of Man, &c . Author John Seacome. Publisher Printed by Joseph Harrop, 1767. Digitized by Google Books on Apr 29, 2009. QUOTES as sources: a) Cambden. Brit. on Staffordshire. b) Reverend Rutter manuscript. 1066. c) Speed. History. d) History of the Wars in France. e) Journal of the House of Lords in England. f) Heralds Office, Chester.
- [S9]. The history of the house of Stanley, from the conquest to the death of the Right Honourable Edward, late Earl of Derby, in 1776: Containing a genealogical & historical account of that illustrious house. To which is added, a complete history of the Isle of Man. Author John Seacome. Publisher J. Gleave, 1821. Digitized by Google Books on Aug 31, 2007. [Note: This appears to be a reprint of Mr. Seacome’s work o 1767. Another version was published in at Preston in 1793.]
- [S10]. Medieval English ancestors of certain Americans: many of the English ancestral lines prior to 1300 of those colonial Americans with known royal ancestry but fully developed in all possible lines . Author Carl Boyer. Publisher C. Boyer, 2001. Original from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Digitized by Google Books on Jun 11, 2008.
- [S11]. A Journal Kept in the Isle of Man: Giving an Account of the Wind, Weather, and Daily Occurrences, for Upwards of Eleven Months: ... In Two Volumes. By Richard Townley. Printed by J. Ware and Son. Sold by T. Cadell, W. Richardson, and R. Baldwin, London; D. Prince, Oxford; J. and J. Merrill, Cambridge; and the booksellers in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Kendal, Lancaster, 1791. Digitized by Google Books on Mar 3, 2009. [Note: This work is Mr. Seacome’s work, almost verbatim.]
- [S12]. History of the Isle of Man: with a comparative view of the past and present state of society and manners, containing also biographical anecdotes of eminent persons connected with that island. Author Hannah Ann Bullock. Publisher Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown, 1816. Original from Harvard University. Digitized by Google Books on Dec 20, 2007.
- [S13]. The History of the County Palatine and Duchy of Lancaster. 5 Volumes. Authors Edward Baines, William Robert Whatton, Brooke Herford, James Croston. Publisher J. Heywood, 1893. Original from University of Minnesota. Digitized by Google Books on Jul 8, 2010.
- [S14]. Antiquities of Shropshire, Volumes 7-8. Author Robert William Eyton. Publisher J.R. Smith, 1858. Digitized by Google Books on May 5, 2009.
- [S15]. The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom: Extant, Extinct, Or Dormant. Volume 1. Author George Edward Cokayne. Publisher The St. Catherine press, ltd., 1910. Original from the University of Michigan. Digitized by Google Books on Jun 4, 2008.
- [S16]. Kin of Mellcine Thurman Smith.
- [S17]. Glenda Turcks http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=nanatea&id=I33919.